NOTE: We can flash the device for you remotely (over the internet) for R100 If you are not comfortable flashing the device yourself. Contact us from here
- First download and install/extract the following: SP Flash Tool
- Also download and extract the Vodafone Smart Kicka (VF685)'s firmware. A South African version is R10 in airtime or EFT from [here] and an unknown region version from [here] (non-SA may not have 3G support).
- Install the MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM drivers as per the tutorial here
- Launch the SP Tool from the extracted folder
- Click on the Download tab
- Click 'Scatter-Loading' > browse to and locate the scatter file from your extracted firmware files
- From the displayed list of files to be flashed in, make sure 'Preloader' and 'DSP_BL' are unchecke (NOT checked)
- Connect the Vodafone Smart Kicka (VF685) to the computer via a compatible USB cable without the battery
- Then click on the Download/Start button and then install the battery so computer can detect and connect to its system
- The flashing process should then start with progress bars and you should get a green cycle with a white tick and the text 'Download OK' when the flashing is completed. At which stage you can safely disconnect the your AG Boost device and power it on for a re-setup.
Signature: I (as a co-founder of this site) have offered online support since 2014 but have now (as of Oct 2016) given up my shareholding and am now with http://www.saroms.co.za