Below is a both a download link for the Mobicel Metro 2 ROM or firmware and flashing/downloading tutorial.
NOTE: We can flash the device for you remotely (over the internet) for R100 If you are not comfortable flashing the device yourself. Contact us from here
- Download and extract the Mobicel Metro 2's firmware here http://roms.satechhelp.co.za/product/mobicel-metro-2-firmwarerom/
- Also download and extract the: SP Flash Tool in any location you will remember.
- Install the MediaTek USB VCOM drivers as per the tutorial here
- Launch the SP Tool from the extracted folder by double clicking 'Flash_tool.exe' app file to launch it
- With the SP Flash Tool launched lick on the Download tab
- Click 'Scatter-Loading' > browse to and locate the scatter file from your extracted Mobicel Metro 2 firmware files folder.
- Make sure 'Preloader' is unchecked (NOT checked) unless if you are sure you need that too.
- Connect the Mobicel Metro 2 through a compatible USB without the battery.
- Then click on the Download button with a green arrow on top
- Quickly install the battery so the computer can detect and connect to the Mobicel Metro 2's system and/to execute the download/flashing.
- The flashing process should start with a red/purple/yellow progress bars and you should get a green cycle with a white tick and the text 'Download OK' when the flashing is completed. At which stage you can safely disconnect the t device and power it on for a re-setup :).