If your Nokia Lumia 530 displays a blue screen and with a sad "smile face" :(, then your device's OS or data files are glitchy. This however is now all a service call condition but something you can resolve your self. The following are steps you can try toward resolving the glitchy state of your Nokia Lumia 530.
1. Start off with a soft reset. This reset does not at all compromise your personal files stored withing the device. Press and hold both the Power button and the Volume down button at the same time until the device vibrates and restarts. Observe to see if your Nokia 530 will go past the stage the sad face was displayed or it will load up as normal. If it does not, continue to step 2
2. A hard reset will be called for if the condition persist. Warning, this measure (hard reset) aims exactly at deleting every user data and apps and restore the device's ROM/OS to it factory defaults. This means that you will not be able to access your files and user-added apps following this step. To proceed with the hard reset:
- Turn off your Nokia Lumia 530
- Press and hold the Power button until the Nokia 530 vibrates - then quickly press and hold the Volume Down button until the a white exclamation mark (!) is displayed on the screen.
- Now, press the following keys in their order to evoke the hard reset: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down
The hard reset should commence with two gears displayed and soon with a white bar. this should last for some 15 minutes, during which time you are to seat back and relax. The Nokia 530 will then restart and allow you to set it up for to be reused
3. If it should happen that the first two steps above both does not improve then you will have to:
- Flash the Nokia Lumia 530 using the Phoenix Service Software or
- Flash it using the Nokia Recovery Tool