Hey Sharon - Clearing Password Check
Steps for Clearing BIOS Password Check
If users set BIOS Password (Supervisor Password and/or User Password) for a security reason, BIOS will ask
the password during systems POST or when systems enter to BIOS Setup menu. However, once it is
necessary to bypass the password check, users need to short the HW Gap to clear the password by the
1. Power Off the system, and remove HDD, AC and Battery from the machine.
2. Disconnect the RTC Battery cable and locate the JP9 jumper.
3. Use an electric conductivity tool to short the two points of the HW Gap.
4. Plug in AC, keeping the HW Gap shorted. Press Power Button until BIOS POST is finished, then remove the
tool from the HW Gap.
5. Restart the system. Press F2 key to enter BIOS Setup menu.
6. If there is no Password request, BIOS Password is cleared. Otherwise, please follow the steps and try again.
NOTE: These steps are only for clearing BIOS Password (Supervisor Password and User Password)