Hello Grant, please see the tutorial here http://satechhelp.co.za/3352/Link-Download-Update-Zip-Smart-Kicka or try and the following steps.
- The first thing to do is to do is to clear your phone CACHE, you need to get it in to recovery mode, follow the instructions below to get your Vodafone into recovery mode
1. Press and hold both the Power button and the Volume button past the Android screen to a reddish menu (the Android System Recovery menu.
2. Scroll using the Volume Down key and highlight "Wipe data/ factory reset"
3. Confirm selection using the Power button (simply short press it)
4. Scroll using the Volume Down key and highlight " Clear CACHE" and then use the power button to confirm the selection.
When the phone is done use the volume up button to scroll up to "Reboot now" and short press the power button to restart your Vodafone.
- Secondly "Soft reset your Vodafone" press and hold the power button for about 10 sec.
- If sill not solved please Perform a hard reset
- Your last option is to reinstall the firmware again and this time make sure the phone is fully charged or just connect it into a charger during the process
Please Mr. Grant ' let me know the result?