To master reset the Sharp XE-A407 to its factory defaults or settings for one reason (like if you bought it second hand and you would like the previous owner's settings removed) or the other, do the following.
- Pull out the power cable from the power outlet.
- Remove the printer cover (located at the top left of the cash register - left of the display) by pulling it to you.
- Open the battery cover - it small and at the far top left in the bay and contains two Alkaline LR6 (AA) batteries.
- Remove both batteries from the battery compartment and wait 5 to 10 minutes and then replace them again.
- Close the battery cover.
- Replace the printer cover.
- Replace the power cable and turn the POS on and all previous data should be gone and the register ready for reprogramming.