Hi Thembinkosi, do the following to hard reset your MTN Steppa 2 (MTN-5982C3)
1. Pull the battery out and replace it after (Do NOT power the phone on)
2. Press and hold both the Volume Up and the Power keys and them as soon as you see the 'powered by Android' screen.
3. The Android System Mode soon displays on the screen
4. Now use the Volume down key to scroll down and highlight 'Wipe data/ factory reset' - short press the Power key to confirm selection
5. Again the next screen, use the Volume down key to scroll down and highlight 'Yes---delete all user data' - short press the Power key to confirm selection, Wait for the wiping to be completed (ignore the could not mount SD card message
6. Short press the Power key to 'Roboot now' and you should be able to re-setup the MTN Steppa 2
If the reset does not help, then see this: http://satechhelp.co.za/14642/Flash-Rom-Image-File-Mtn-Steppa-2-5982c3