Hey, Londi, a master reset sure comes in very hand in cases where you just want to start every thing over for one reason or the other. The reasons could include a business merge or take over, machine bought pre-used, corrupted data and the register malfunctioning, etc.). To perform the master reset - simply follow the foregoing steps.
- Unplug it from the wall outlet
- Remove the programming configurations & data backup batteries underneath the till roll
- Plug the machine back to the wall outlet without the batteries
- The machine should beep 3 times (or 5 times at times)
- Now replace the backup batteries
Your Sharp XE-A102 Cash Register is now restored to its factory defaults and ready to be reprogrammed.