DEFY washing machine troubleshooting
- Check that the cord is plugged in and that the wall switch is on.
- Check that there is power to the wall socket by testing the socket with a small electric appliance such as a kettle in the socket.
- Check if a house fuse has blown or a circuit breaker has tripped out.
- Check that the laundry is evenly distributed round the drum.
- Check that the machine is not over loaded.
- Check that the dryer door is firmly closed.
- Check that the timer is not set to '0'.
- Check that the ON / OFF button is pushed in.
- Check that the lint filter has been cleaned.
- Check that the air intake grille at the rear of the machine has not been obstructed by a foreign object.
Control Panel does not operate.
Check that 'Control panel lock' has not been activated. If the fault persists, unplug the dryer, wait a few minutes and try again.
Check If child lock is not active, to deactivate the childproof lock:
- Press and hold Auxiliary Function button 2 for 3 seconds. After the countdown as “CL 3-2-1” on the display is over, "Child Lock Enabled" disappears from the display.
Perform a hard reset
- Swicth off the machine
- Unplug it from the wall for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes plug it back and press the power button to turn it on
- Press the "Start/Pause/Cancel" button for 3 seconds.
If still nothing' the control panel might be defective. Please click HERE to request service from DEFY help center.