Hi. If you need to reset a Privacy Protection Password, then Contact us and we will try and assist for R50 donation. You need to have access to a PC for this to work. Otherwise, the ZTE Switch X2' s firmware or ROM is available here: http://roms.satechhelp.co.za/product/zte-switch-x2-firmwarerom/ which you can then flash by following the below steps - but that should not be able to reset a PPP:
Do the following to prepare for and flash the ZTE Switch X2 ROM or firmware
- First download and extract the following: SP Flash Tool - Go here [ROM Download] to order and download the ROM.
- Install the MediaTek drivers as per the tutorial here
- Launch the SP Tool from the extracted folder (double click 'Flash tool')
- Click 'Scatter-Loading' > browse to and locate the scatter file from your extracted firmware files
- On ether loaded SP Tool loaded file, untick 'Preloader.bin'
- Click the Format Tab > Format whole flash > Format flash (except boatloader) > Start > connect the ZTE Switch X2 while off. You soon get a Format OK message. Disconnect the phone
- Then click the Download tab
- Click on the Download/Start button
- Connect the ZTE Switch X2 to the computer via USB while pressing the Volume Down (or Up) key so the computer can detect and connect to its system
- The flashing process should start with a yellow progress bars and you should get a green cycle with a white tick and the text 'Download OK' when the flashing is completed. At which stage you can safely disconnect the phone and power it on for a re-setup.
NOTE: We can flash the device for you remotely (over the internet) for R100 If you are not comfortable flashing the device yourself. Read more here