- Remove the cable on both computer and printer.
- Uninstall the printer drivers
- Insert the USB cable on the printer' and ensure it is properly inserted.
- Go on this link: http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/en/serviceDetail/method/load/id/5/sid/41/mid/2201129/type/S select "Drivers, Software & Manuals" to download the correct drivers and latest for your printer. make sure to download the correct driver for your windows 10,8,7 (full driver is about 52.28MB large).
- Install the drivers to your computer.
- Plug the USB cable on the computer when the computer is asking for it.
If still unresolved the try another USB cable.
For wireless set up please click here for instructions.