Do the following to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Trend NEO in cases of a forgotten pattern/screen-lock or hanging.
1. Turn the device "off"
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key + the Home button + the Power button (all at the same time) For about 40-50 seconds or until the phones vibrates.
3. Let go of all buttons as soon as you feel the normal power on vibration
4. You should soon see the green Android robot lying on it back with its bowels opened (With "No Command")
5. Now short press the Volume Up key to display the Android System Recovery menu of the Galaxy Trend NEO
6. Scroll with Vol Down and highlight "Wipe data/factory reset" (confirm selection with the Power button)
7. Scroll with Vol Down and highlight "Yes--delete all user data" (confirm selection with the Power button)
8. When wiping is complete, highlight "Reboot now" (confirm selection with the Power button)