Welcome SA Tech Help.
I want to change my number to re register my sassa card for manje services

1 Answer

by (Genius) (10.4m points)
edited by
0 votes
Best answer

Hi. You can follow the foregoing steps to switch or port to Vodacom from MTN (and get to keep your old MTN number). Please not that if your old SIM card is lost or stolen, you will need to perform a SIM swap with MTN first  before you can proceed with the below porting steps.

  • You will need a RICA-registered SIM card, and you will be able to port your Prepaid number via SMS
  • Use your existing SIM card to SMS “portme” followed by your Vodacom Prepaid SIM card number to 082PORT2US (0827678287).
  • Example: “portme 1234567789808” to 0827678287
  • Wait for the confirmation SMS.
  • You will get another SMS confirming that your port request has been approved as well as the date that the switch will be done on.
  • Dial 100 on the day after your port date to activate the SIM card on the network.
by (User) (700 points)
How long must i wait for the sms after i have ported.

Related questions

SA Tech Help Q2A, where you can ask any question and receive answers from other members of the community'. SA Tech Help Q&A was created to be a free resource linking people with tech questions to experts who could provide answers. Since our launch in 2014, we have grown from a simple Q&A web site to providing additional help such as loans,roms, pricing information and more. All is completely free of charge. ... Do also NOTE that this website is a third party not directly affiliated with any company for which we offer support. If you not satisfied with the provided answer to your question' please use the reply/comment button below the answer section to request further assistance' You might want to add more info to support your question if necessary.