Hi. You can follow the foregoing steps to switch or port to Vodacom from MTN (and get to keep your old MTN number). Please not that if your old SIM card is lost or stolen, you will need to perform a SIM swap with MTN first before you can proceed with the below porting steps.
- You will need a RICA-registered SIM card, and you will be able to port your Prepaid number via SMS
- Use your existing SIM card to SMS “portme” followed by your Vodacom Prepaid SIM card number to 082PORT2US (0827678287).
- Example: “portme 1234567789808” to 0827678287
- Wait for the confirmation SMS.
- You will get another SMS confirming that your port request has been approved as well as the date that the switch will be done on.
- Dial 100 on the day after your port date to activate the SIM card on the network.